The friendly seaside village of Knysna has all the raw materials for the perfect family break, with many family-friendly Knysna hotels located close to all the action, and a great climate to enjoy them in. You can spend your days along the seashore, exploring forests and farmlands or enjoying a range of child-friendly activities close to this hospitable holiday town.Here are our top picks of things to do with children while staying on Thesen Island at the unique Turbine Hotel in Knysna:
- Bollard Bay, on the lagoon, is a great destination for a family day out with canoeing, safe swimming and a resident Cape Fur seal who will enchant the younger set in no time.
- Adventureland, located between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, is a slippery treat with super tubes and slides for all ages to enjoy along with swings, jungle gyms and trampolines.
- Red Berry Farm, near George, offers more than just strawberry picking. Here the little ones can take a pony ride, bounce on the jumping castles, go wild in the playground, or board the miniature trains for a tour of the farm.
- Kiddie-friendly farm stalls abound in this area, namely Timberlake near Sedgefield, The Heath on the way to Plettenberg Bay, Nature’s Valley Farm Stall and The Mill in The Crags. These venues offer opportunities for milking cows, secret gardens to explore, mini zip lines and playgrounds, while mum and dad can enjoy a quiet cuppa and a meal or browse in the stalls.
- Plett Puzzle Park provides hours of fun with unique activities such as a 3D maze and a puzzling forest walk near The Crags.
- The well-known sanctuaries of Birds of Eden and Monkeyland are a must-see attraction for children where they can learn more about nature conservation and view unusual exotic species.
Plett Puzzle Park Facebook