With such an exciting host of Knysna activities, it is difficult to decide how to spend your summer. We’ve helped you out by choosing five of the best activities that will keep the whole family entertained!
1. Thesen Island is a great venue for the whole family to enjoy. A large play area, with slides and swings will keep the children busy, while mom and dad keep an eye out, but still enjoy a meal or a drink at our Tapas bar. Perfect after a morning spent at Bollard Bay, with its warm waters safe for young swimmers.
2. Strawberry picking at Red Berry Farm near George is a wonderfully fun outdoor excursion with a delicious ending. Activities are priced from just R15 and include pony rides, a mini train, bumper and paddle boats and a wandering in the hedge maze. There are many exciting activities for the youngsters to enjoy, while the parents relax in the tea garden or browse in the curio shop.
3. The Turbine Water Club offers activities for the whole family, such as relaxing pontoon cruises on the Knysna lagoon (R210) and bicycle hire (R150) for exploring your surroundings.
4. Birds of Eden and Monkeyland, en route to Plettenberg Bay, are popular choices for a family outing with lots to learn and novel creatures to see and enjoy. Tickets are R300 per adult and R150 per child for guided tours at both sanctuaries.
5. Adventureland provides watery thrills and spills on hot summer’s days with waterslides for all ages, set on a pretty 24 hectare estate outside Plettenberg Bay. Entry is R125 per person.
Keep cool and entertained this summer with all of these activities within an hour’s drive of your Knysna accommodation.