Nothing says Christmas quite like a busy kitchen. Whether you’re celebrating the festive season with loved ones, or opting for a quieter option, it’s almost a given that some part of the holiday will revolve around food. At Turbine Boutique Hotel, we’re embracing all things scrumptious this year with new and exciting items on our menu.
The Island Café at Turbine, with its stylish yet homely feel, is the perfect spot to enjoy a hearty meal this December. Under expert direction of Chef Nieuwoudt, this Thesen Island restaurant offers a wide range of innovative flavours, well-known favourites and much needed comfort food. Chef Nieuwoudt has something special up her sleeve to make the end of the year that much sweeter- and she’s sharing it with you!
Everyone loves a light and fluffy crumpet on a warm December morning. Now you can add a fresh and fabulous twist to this age-old favourite. Spice up your Traditional Vanilla Crumpets with Chef Nieuwoudt’s Blueberry butter, and Blueberry sauce.
1. Drain the sauce off the blueberries and leave the liquid in a pan to the side
2. Soften the butter with a wooden spoon
3. Add the blueberries and mix well.
1. Place the pan with the liquid from the blueberries on the heat, add 100g of castor sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 5ml of vanilla. Bring to a boil.
2. Once your mix has come to boiling point, dissolve one teaspoon of cornflour in a very small amount of water, add to the mix and stir well.
3. Simmer on a low heat for 5-7minutes for cornflour to cook out.
Looking to taste more sweet treats and delicious delicacies design by the talented Chef Nieuwoudt? Make sure to stop by the Island Café on your next trip to Thesen Island. Alternatively, you can enjoy this Knysna restaurant at every meal if you book your festive season stay at Turbine Hotel by calling +27 (0)44 302 5746, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the Turbine website.
Image Credit: ___steph___, Young Sok Yun